Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Where Are They Now?" Wednesdays: Your Favorite Cartoon Characters

Alright so this is a bit of a deviation from my standard "Where are They Now?" Wednesday topics. I typically indulge in some hardcore investigative journalism and dig up juicy details on our favorite 90s has-beens. Actually I just spend a few minutes googling, but that did sound pretty legit.

However, this week, I am taking the fictional route. On College Humor, someone posted a few illustrations of what all of our favorite 90s/early 2000s cartoon characters would be up to if they were now in college like most of us.

The pictures were too funny to resist sharing. I'm not going to post all of them because you should totally go give the original artist some love on their site. (The images are split between two posts)  I'm just going to feature a few of my favorites.

All photos are credited to Patrick Merryman of College Humor
All your favorite brainiacs and trouble makers in the library

I'm a little surprised by Timmy Turner in this, but I guess if you spent your childhood with Fairly OddParents this is what happens


Anime Fight Club? I can't decide if I would pick Pikachu or Hello Kitty


Hit the nail right on the head with the "cool black friends" one.

I have to admit, it's odd seeing some characters from my youth in a completely different light. I feel like I've been (POW!) kicked right in the childhood.

What do you think of this "Cartoon University?" Any characters you would have liked to see that Patrick missed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment